Visiting the Library
Visitors aged 18 or older are welcome to use the Providence College library for educational and research purposes. Patrons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian at all times.
Computer use: There is a select cluster of computers available for use by non-PC patrons on the main level of the library. Please see a staff member at the Circulation Desk or the ResearcHub for assistance accessing a computer. At the ends of semesters, due to peak use, access to guest computers is limited to 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Read more about our Computer and Printer Use Policies.
High School Students: Area high school students are welcome to use the Providence College library for educational and research purposes with prior approval. Area teachers with large groups are strongly encouraged to arrange a tour or library instruction with a Research Librarian.
All special borrowers are entitled to:
- Check out up to 20 books at a time for about 1 month
- Access electronic books and journals on-site only.
Special Borrowers include:
- CRIARL: Patrons with a valid membership card from a CRIARL institution may borrow selected material.
- Visiting Scholars or Graduate Students: Visiting Scholars or graduate students may apply for library cards. At the discretion of the Library Director’s office, cards are issued at the Phillips Memorial Library during College business hours (M-F, 8:30a-4:30p). A current ID from the home institution is required.
- Members of the Clergy: Members of the clergy may apply for a permanent borrowing card. Cards are issued at the Phillips Memorial Library during College business hours (M-F, 8:30a-4:30p). A valid picture ID is required.
- Relatives of PC Faculty and Staff: The spouse and/or children of current Providence College faculty and staff may be issued library cards at no cost. The spouse and/or children must be accompanied by the PC ID holder when applying for the library card. Other relatives may visit the library while accompanied by the PC ID holder.