The Providence College Archives and Special Collections staff are available Monday through Thursday, 8:30am – 6pm and Fridays from 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Reading Room Hours:
Drop-In hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30am-12:30pm and 2pm-5pm
Appointments available: Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm and Fridays 9am-4pm
The John E. Fogarty Reading Room is located on the 2nd floor of the Phillips Memorial Library.
Request a Research Appointment
Students, staff, faculty, and members of the community may request a research appointment.Click here to Request an Appointment(opens in a new tab)
We recommend reaching out to discuss your research goals prior to booking an appointment. Our staff can point you towards useful collections, digital content available online, and book your research appointment.
Contact Us for Research Support
Call: 401-865-2273 or 401-865-2578
Reading Room Guidelines
Visitors to the PC Archives & Special Collections should expect to follow certain rules for the care and security of our collections.
- You will need to complete a short registration form, available onsite.
- Researchers may bring these items into the research area: Notepad and pencils, laptop, tablet, phone, camera
- Please note the following items are not permitted: Food, drink, pens, bags, jackets, and scanners
- We have space to store personal belongings not permitted above
- Please review our full reading room guidelines here.
Our staff will provide guidance on handling materials and is there to answer any questions you may have.